NZCH, Christchurch International Airport – South Island, New Zealand
Christchurch Airport – (NZCH) is located in Canterbury on the east coast of New Zealand’s South Island, it is New Zealand’s second busiest airport, after Auckland.
It has two sealed runways (02/20 – 3822m & 11/29 – 1741m) and one parallel grass runway (02/20).
Christchurch Airport opened in May 1940 and was New Zealand’s first International Airport in 1950.
You can do almost any type of flying to and from NZCH, with its Domestic and International flights, B737 & Metroliner Cargo, Helicopter and fixed wing operations – Rescue operations and charter flights, NZ Flying Doctors Service, International Antarctic Program with US Air Force flights and General Aviation from the Canterbury Aero Club.
- NZA Simulations Proline Plus™ Airport
- Full 3D custom modelled airport including all the surrounding business parks ≈ 300 buildings
- NZA’s full PBR true-to-life runways and aprons
- All the lines, YES even the roads and carparks in the area are done properly.
- All the fences, including detailed fence weeds
- High resolution custom CGL ground aerial imagery
- Custom Approach, Runway & Apron lighting to match real world.
- Terra-formed runway
- Parking positions setup with correct Airline codes for compatibility with Air Traffic mods such as AIG, FSLTL etc.
- NZ Flying Doctors Service Livery Included for the King Air 350
- GSX Profile Included
Full 3D Interiors
- Interiors for the main terminal, all boarding areas and more
- Novotel Hotel – with top and ground floor fully 3D and high-res parallax room textures.
- ATC Tower
- GCH Aviation Private Jet Terminal and Helicopters at the south end of the airport
- Custom Jetway Sounds
- Terminal Interior Sounds – Chatter, announcements etc.
- Terminal Piano Sounds
- Animated Jetways – Custom for each gate to match the real ones
- Animated 3D AI people walking about the terminal, ATC, and other areas
- Animated Custom AI vehicles roaming the airport
- Custom Ground Service vehicles – Pushback & Catering Truck
- Sudima Hotel Clock working to Sim Time
- Rotating Primary Airport Surveillance Radar
Custom Nose-In Guidance System (VDGS)
- Support for Aerosoft’s VDGS at the Airliner Gates (16-35)
NZCH Exploration Areas:
– Terminal and carpark
– GCH Aviation at the south end of the airport
– Canterbury Aero Club and Christchurch Helicopters on the western side of the airport – G2 & MD500 helicopters and Piper Arrows.
– Spitfire Square Shopping Centre – with 3D Modelled: Supermarine Spitfire LF Mk.XVIE TE288 Replica
– International Antarctic Centre with Hagglund Test Track
– US Antarctic Program hangars – LC130-Hercules US Antarctic ski planes & Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
– Air New Zealand Maintenance & Christchurch Engine Centre
– Memorial Bridge – State Highway 1
– Christchurch Airport Fire Station with Custom Rosenbauer Panther Fire Truck and service vehicles.
– Agriculture Business Hub – Yes there’s even a basketball on the court.
– Dakota Park – Cargo Apron and Cargo companies
– Mustang Park – Rental car businesses on the north end of the airport
– Harvard Park – Bunnings/BP
– And more..
Installed Size – 4.26GB (Download Size – 2.49GB)
Requires the NZA Model Library v4.0
For VDGS operation the latest free Aerosoft VDGS Drivers need to be installed. These are available from Aerosoft One or other platforms. (https://one.aerosoft.com/) We also provide a EXE installer available for download with the purchase.
See our PDF manual for further details and other info about NZCH. (ReadMe PDF)
NZA Simulation’s Proline Plus™ branding represents the next level of the NZA Standard.
With Proline Plus™ Add-ons you can be sure that you are getting the most from your simulator.
With this tier of quality from NZA Simulations you will get the most in depth and extensive add-ons with all the extra features and detail level.
Thomas Wallis (verified owner) –
Brilliant, highly-detailed scenery with everything from well-done taxiway/runway textures, terminal interior with ambient sounds, detailed surroundings/buildings, VDGS and jetways, walking passengers, SHEEP and much more. One of the best payware airports out there in my opinion. Glad I purchased.
Mark Garrett (verified owner) –
Perfect addition to the New Zealand world update. Thanks for the free airports as well!