NZNS, Nelson Airport – South Island, New Zealand
Nelson Airport (NZNS) is located 6 km south-west of central Nelson, at the top of the South Island, New Zealand.
It is the sixth-busiest airport in NZ by passenger numbers and seventh by aircraft movements, as well as being the busiest NZ airport without any scheduled international service.
Nelson Airport has completed its terminal redevelopment with the creation of a new terminal.
The new terminal will cater for growth projections out to 2035, when 1.4 million passengers a year are forecast to pass through the facility.
- 9000 + Hand placed objects
- 250 + Custom assets
- 50 + Unique custom buildings
- Fully 3D modeled interior of the Terminal Building & ATC Control Tower, including all shops, seating, Air NZ Koru Lounge, check-in and baggage handling areas.
- Flyable Livery for the Nelson Aviation College C172 both G1000 & Classic.
- Static Air New Zealand ATR-72 & Bombardier Dash 8 Q300
- Static local Helicopters, Including BK-117 Rescue Helicopters & Helicopters Nelson AS350
- Air NZ Regional Maintenance and Cargo, Fuel Farms, GA hangars, Nelson Aero Club, Airport House and the Fire Station all recreated as in real life.
- Other Custom Models and Landmarks such as Nelson Fun Park, Boulder Bank Lighthouse and Grampians Reserve Radio Tower and Mitre 10 Mega.
- New High Resolution custom ground aerial imagery, covering around 20km², including the Airport, Shipping Port, Boulder Bank Spit, and industrial & residential areas.
- Custom animations: Advertising and departure screens and animated baggage collection.
- Fully featured airside and landside custom modeled scenery objects.
- Accurate taxiway names and markings tested and compatible with default AI and ATC
- Airport area biome enhancements to recreate the environment to match the look and feel of real life, including Rabbit Island pine plantations, and correct tree heights withing the urban areas.
- Night Lighting – Terminal and carpark lighting, ATC tower lighting, and more
- Runway and Apron areas with high resolution imagery and custom PBR texturing to give a more realistic look.
- Accurate parking and gate positions matching real world charts
- Custom Taxiway Edge lights
- Apron lighting
Installed Size – 3.84GB (Download Size – 2.51GB)
Requires the NZA Model Library
– NZA Beta Team
– Terry Hodges – Dash8captian
– Blake Gilmore – Waka172rg
– David Froggart from Aerial Surveys
– James @ Nelson Airport management team
NZA Simulation’s Proline™ branding represents a new era of flight sim scenery development.
Utilising the latest 2D and 3D design techniques allows the NZA inhouse team to recreate scenery projects accurately and faithfully both inside and out. Using a physically based rendering workflow, you can be sure NZA Proline™ products will look brilliant now and into the future.